Saturday 2 November 2013

7 Photos, 7 Quotes - How we see the world

A few weeks ago, Emma from the blog Adventures of a London Kiwi shared her post on a photo challenge with blogging friends. It was so inspiring that some other bloggers and I asked Emma do host another challenge with the working title "How we see the world". There were no limitations to the challenge, to give everyone the flexibility and creativity they need, apart from choosing 7 quotes and deliver the photos to them.

My favourite collections of quotes are in the book "The Artists Way". This book always used to inspire me and gives me lots of new ideas. For the photos I used pictures from my trip to Rome (besides the tourist routes). I hope you enjoy them.

Please check out as well the other participants of the challenge. You can find them on Emma's blog Adventures of a London Kiwi.




"Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" 
Jalal Ud-Din Rumi




"Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist" 
René-Francois-Gislain Magritte




"It ain't mean a thing, if it ain't got that swing" 
Duke Ellington and Irving Mills




"The world of reality has its limitations; the world of imagination is boundless" 
Jean-Jacques Rousseau




"There is no must in art, because art is free" 
Wassily Kandinsky




"Poetry often enters through the window of irrelevance." 
M.C. Richards



"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" 
Albert Einstein


4 comments:

  1. Oh, Caroline I love these - especially the "The world of reality has its limitations; the world of imagination is boundless" Jean-Jacques Rousseau, quote and beautiful, stark image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma! So much fun this challenge. Already hoping for the next one :)
      The pic is showing the Modern Art Gallery in Rome, the MAXXI - amazing architecture. But in your imagination it can be a lot more ;)

      Delete
  2. This is so lovely. Rome holds a special place in my heart, and your pictures made me feel quite nostalgic of one of the cities I most love in the world. "Poetry often enters through the window of irrelevance" is indeed my favourite quote. How deep, and how true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rome is so beautiful, definitely now one of my favourite cities! Can't wait to go there again :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. I hope you have a lovely day!

Google Analytics Alternative